Sparkling Watermelon Cocktail
July 02, 2018
- 1 bottle of Crémant d’Alsace
- ½ small watermelon roughly cut up into cubes (approximately 5 cups cut up)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Watermelon wedges for garnish
- 15 mint leaves (optional)
1. Place the watermelon in a blender and process until liquefied and smooth (about 20-30 seconds should do the trick). Using a fine sieve, strain the watermelon into a pitcher to get rid of any chunks or seeds. Add the mint leaves to the strained juice and place in refrigerator until chilled (around 30 minutes).
2. Place sugar on a small plate.
3. Rub lime wedges around the edge of the champagne flute, and dip into the sugar to rim the edges.
4. Pour about 2 oz of the watermelon juice into a champagne flute. Fill the remaining glass with sparkling wine.
5. Garnish with a small watermelon wedge
Recipe From: Vindulge
Recipe By: Mary Cressler
Wine Pairing - Crémant d’Alsace
Ranging from pale gold to a gorgeous salmon color—depending on the grapes—Crémant d’Alsace is a bubbly that fits all occasions and cuisines. Elegant and mineral-driven, these vibrant sparkling wines are made in the traditional method. Brut (white) sparklers will express toast, white flowers and citrus, and Rosé Crémants will be lush with bright, red berry fruits and rose petals.