Seasonal Recipe: Watermelon Caprese Salad
August 07, 2017
- 1 small watermelon, sliced
- 1 mozzarella ball, sliced
- 2 tbsp. sliced fresh basil
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Slice watermelon into 1/2” thick squares, about 3”-x- 3”. Slice mozzarella into 1/2” slices.
- On a serving dish, alternate slices of mozzarella and watermelon. Sprinkle with basil, flaky sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic glaze and serve.
Recipe and photo courtesy of: Delish
Wine Pairing - Crémant d’Alsace
Ranging from pale gold to a gorgeous salmon color—depending on the grapes—Crémant d’Alsace is a bubbly that fits all occasions and cuisines. Elegant and mineral-driven, these vibrant sparkling wines are made in the traditional method. Brut (white) sparklers will express toast, white flowers and citrus, and Rosé Crémants will be lush with bright, red berry fruits and rose petals.