Mango & Cilantro Guacamole with Alsace Riesling
August 06, 2018
- 3 Hass avocados
- 1 ripe mango
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 serrano chile pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
1. Cut each avocado in half lengthwise. Remove the pit from the avocado and discard. Remove the avocado from the skin, and place the avocado flesh in a bowl.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, remove the skin of the mango. Using a sharp knife, slice the wide flat part of the fruit off one side of the pit. Repeat this process for the other side of the mango. Transfer the 2 mango slices to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Add the mango, cilantro, red onion, chile, lime juice, salt, and pepper to the bowl. Mash with a fork until half smooth and half chunky. Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired. Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
Photo By: Matt Armendariz
Recipe By: Gaby Dalkin
Wine Pairing - Alsace Riesling
Among Alsace’s noble varieties, Riesling is the indisputable king. Elegant and dry, its aromas range from delicate fruit such as lemon, grapefruit, peach and pear to richer expressions such as stewed fruits, flowers and spices. Rieslings from Alsace have abundant freshness, opulence and a rich mid-palate, yet, their racy acidity keeps them exceptionally well-balanced.
Riesling pairs very well with goat cheeses, charcuterie, seafood, poultry and pork dishes, and most Asian cuisines. It is also known as the “quintessential Thanksgiving wine,” due to its extremely food-friendly character.