Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Serves: 4 as a dessert
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 3 cups rhubarb, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- For the topping:
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add strawberries and rhubarb in a large bowl, then sprinkle in sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest and salt. Toss to combine and then let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a separate, large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add cold butter and, using a pastry cutter, fork or your fingers, blend ingredients together until mixture resembles coarse meal. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and milk, then pour into flour and butter mixture. Stir until just combined. Mixture will be sticky.
- Divide strawberry and rhubarb mixture between four individual-sized baking dishes. Top each with a quarter of the topping mixture. Place dishes on a large baking sheet, and then bake for 20-25 minutes, or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm, topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe Courtesy Of: Kristin Jackson of 'It's Not You, It's Brie'
Wine Pairing - Crémant d’Alsace
Ranging from pale gold to a gorgeous salmon color—depending on the grapes—Crémant d’Alsace is a bubbly that fits all occasions and cuisines. Elegant and mineral-driven, these vibrant sparkling wines are made in the traditional method. Brut (white) sparklers will express toast, white flowers and citrus, and Rosé Crémants will be lush with bright, red berry fruits and rose petals.