Leftover Turkey Sandwich with Cranberry-Pepper Jelly
Serves: Makes 2 1/2 cups Cranberry-Pepper Jelly
- For the Cranberry-Pepper Jelly:
- 3 red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 Fresno or red jalapeño chiles, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup liquid pectin
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen and thawed
- For the sandwich:
- Thanksgiving leftovers, such as turkey, stuffing and gravy
- 2 slices country-style bread
- Lettuce of your choice (optional)
To prepare Cranberry-Pepper Jelly:
Combine peppers, chiles, sugar, red pepper flakes and salt in a heavy wide pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve sugar. Stir in pectin and lemon juice. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
Stir in cranberries and simmer gently until they burst and juices thicken, about 10 minutes longer. Transfer jelly to a jar, let cool, and cover. Will keep for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
Then assemble the sandwich as you like, and enjoy!
Recipe Courtesy Of: Bon Appétit
Wine Pairing - Crémant d’Alsace
Ranging from pale gold to a gorgeous salmon color—depending on the grapes—Crémant d’Alsace is a bubbly that fits all occasions and cuisines. Elegant and mineral-driven, these vibrant sparkling wines are made in the traditional method. Brut (white) sparklers will express toast, white flowers and citrus, and Rosé Crémants will be lush with bright, red berry fruits and rose petals.