Grilled Lamb Sausage Salad with Pinot Noir
- 1 pound fresh lamb sausages, such as Northern California lamb sausages
- Canola oil, for brushing
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup assorted black olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup whole toasted pistachios, chopped
- 8 ounces California soft goat cheese, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces baby mixed organic greens
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
Heat the grill for direct grilling. Brush the sausages with canola oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the sausages until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside for 5 minutes. Toss the tomatoes, olives, parsley, pistachios, cheese, greens, onions, basil and tarragon. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add vinaigrette. Serve with the sausages.
Recipe From: Food Network
Photo By: Food Network
Recipe By: Bobby Flay
Wine Pairing - Other Alsace Varieties
Muscat d'Alsace: Aromatic and expressive, Alsace Muscat is different from the sweet Muscat from the south of France and the Mediterranean, and the Moscatos of Italy because of its dry character. It is best enjoyed young.
Sylvaner: A fresh, light wine with delicate flavors. Refreshing, lively and easy drinking as an apéritif or with light dishes.
Pinot Noir: Pinot Noir is the only Alsace variety used for producing red or rosé wines, particularly Crémant d’Alsace Rosé. Delicate cherry character with a vibrant freshness, they can be aged in oak barrels for structure and complexity.